Rockin’ the Big House is here and as with any major concert event, there are some things to know before you go. Below is a list of things attendees should be aware of.
King Street will be closed in front of Kingston Penitentiary between Sir John A MacDonald Blvd. to Gardiner St. so please use an alternative route to access the venue.
Parking and Transit:
Parking is limited. Gold and Platinum ticket holders will have designated in the side parking lot of Kingston Penitentiary, but general admission spaces will be very limited.
Kingston Transit buses will be running through the evening and there will also be a designated park and ride area. For more information on Kingston Transit routes and schedules click here.
Bicycle Valet Kingston will also be on site to help park and monitor bikes throughout the event for those who wish to ride over.
If you opted for Will-Call tickets please pick up your tickets in advance at the Leon’s Centre Box Office, prior to Saturday. The Leon’s Centre Box Office located at 1 The Tragically Hip Way and opened 9:00AM and 6:00PM, Monday through Friday.
Entrance and Security:
Please enter through a General Admissions Entrance off King Street. Gold and Platinum ticket holders will enter through a separate entrance at the main gates. Doors will open at 4:30 pm.
Please note that there will be no re-entry into the Kingston Penitentiary allowed and all guests arriving will be subject to a bag search and a security screening.
Audiovisual recording and photography including drone photography will be taking place throughout the event. As a condition of entry, patrons, performers, staff and volunteers acknowledge that they may be recorded.
Rockin’ the Big House is a 19+, rain or shine event. Smoking, vaping, e-cigarettes (outside of designated area) is prohibited and can be cause for eviction.
We are committed to environmental sustainability and are making every effort to implement this throughout the event. Upon arrival, you will receive a limited edition, Rockin’ the Big House mug (sponsored by Secura Financial Group) to use at any of our beverage vendors. No single use plastic water bottles will be available; you are welcome bring your empty re-usable water bottle to fill at our water filling stations.
What to Bring & What to Leave at Home
- Empty reusable water bottles (we have filling stations on site)
- Small backpacks, bags, and purses. ALL BAGS WILL BE SEARCHED
- Personal cameras without removable lenses.
- Registered service animals who are supporting a person with a disability and trained to do so.
Prohibited Items: Items on the list below WILL be confiscated:
- Weapons, gang colours, contraband, Fireworks or explosives
- Illegal substances or drug paraphernalia
- Professional photography equipment, video equipment, or audio recording devices; including but not limited to: GoPros, zoom lenses, tripods, drones.
- Bicycles, skateboards, roller blades, scooters, carts or personalized motorized vehicles except
- accessibility devices; such as wheelchairs
- Alcoholic/ Non-alcoholic beverages (Beverages will be for sale inside the venue)
- No food can be brought in (food is available for purchase)
- Pets (other than registered service animals)
- Single-use plastic water bottles
- Tents, shelters, beach blankets/towels or chairs, umbrellas
- Banners, signs or flags
If you mistakenly bring an item that is prohibited, we will have an item check located outside the main entrance. Items can be checked here for the duration of the event; a cash payment of $5 per item is required.
There is no seating; so please come prepared to stand or sit on the lawn – no chairs, blankets or towels permitted.
Doors will open at 4:30 pm with bands taking the stage at 6 pm and playing, in order:
The Pursuit of Happiness
Tom Cochrane and friends
Food & Beverages:
Food is available for purchase with food prices ranging from two to four tickets. Tickets will be on sale at $5 for food tickets. There will be beverage vendors located at the venue. Tickets will be on sale for $8 per beverage (beer, wine).
There will be multiple ticket booths and a merchandise booth that can process cash and debit/credit transactions; there is no ATM available onsite. All tickets are single entry so we encourage you to carry cash and/or credit/debit cards.
Thank you! The proceeds from this event will go directly to supporting thousands of local residents. Your support helps United Way help the most vulnerable in our local community.