Join us in making a difference
The United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington is a values-driven employer, with staff members and volunteers who are proud to build a better community and change lives locally.
A great place to work begins with its people. And, driven by excellence and a shared vision, our team of talented professionals are dedicated to doing meaningful work in our community.
Our commitment to being a great employer includes an engaging work environment with good benefits for our employees. We offer:
- An inclusive and supportive workplace, with opportunities to grow and develop your talents
- Opportunities to make an impact—through leading-edge work in our community, working with volunteers and much more
- A total-rewards employee package, which includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid break between Christmas and New Year
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage for you and your family with the United Way paying the bulk of the premium
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan, with matching contributions of gross salary
- Life Insurance plan
- Other paid leave options, including parental and volunteer leave
- Personal emergency days (up to 10) per year
- We are proud to be a Living Wage employer
The United Way of KFL&A is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team. If you require accommodation to participate in the selection process, please contact John DiPaolo VP, Operations firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Job Opportunities
Position: Campaign Associate
Reporting to the Director, Resource Development (DRD), the Campaign Associate (CA) works very closely with the CEO Office and Resource Development (RD) team to support the United Way annual fundraising campaign.
The CA works with the RD team to support events, campaign plans and projects, ensuring that all details and logistics are completed within timelines.
The CA also provides logistical and administrative support to other departments as required.
Education & Experience
- High school graduate
- Post-secondary graduation from a recognized institution with an office administration or business diploma is an asset (or equivalent education and experience)
- Two years recent related experience in a fast paced complex office setting, ideally with a small business or non-profit agency
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service with strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite programs; experience with database, customer relationship management and/or design software is an asset
- Must be able to plan ahead, anticipating timelines and deliverables; to work both independently and with supervision in a flexible, ever-changing office environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize conflicting demands within tight deadlines
- Proficiency in French is an asset
- Must be able to travel to off-site locations
For a full job description click here
All applications are due by 4:00 PM on January 31, 2020 (or until filled).
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We thank all applicants, however, only those being interviewed will be contacted
You may also wish to look at exciting volunteer opportunities in the Volunteer Centre.