Join us in making a difference
The United Way of Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington is a values-driven employer, with staff members and volunteers who are proud to build a better community and change lives locally.
A great place to work begins with its people. And, driven by excellence and a shared vision, our team of talented professionals are dedicated to doing meaningful work in our community.
Our commitment to being a great employer includes an engaging work environment with good benefits for our employees.
We are proud to be a Living Wage employer.
- An inclusive and supportive workplace, with opportunities to grow and develop your talents
- Opportunities to make an impact—through leading-edge work in our community, working with volunteers and much more
- A total-rewards employee package, which includes:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid break between Christmas and New Year
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage for you and your family with the United Way paying the bulk of the premium
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan, with matching contributions of gross salary
- Life Insurance plan
- Other paid leave options, including parental and volunteer leave
- Personal emergency days (up to 10) per year
The United Way Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
Please check in regularly for updates.
Current Job Opportunities
We are looking for the following full-time position to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing environment. We offer competitive benefits, personal and professional development opportunities.
About the role: Reporting to the Director Resource Development (DRD), the RD Officer- Individual Giving oversees development and implementation of a year-round fundraising and stewardship strategy. The RD Officer- Individual Giving recommends a strategic plan to grow revenue through direct mail, Leadership & Major Gifts and planned endowment gifts.
The RD Officer-IG
- Works closely with the CEO, DRD, and key volunteers to identify and develop strategies to grow relationships with individuals in the community and in workplaces.
- Implements plans for a world-class donor experience, ensuring the development of long term relationships between the donor and the United Way
- Maintains and grows Leadership donations ($1200+), working closely with volunteers, CEO, DRD and staff on building relationships
We are looking for an enthusiastic, energetic individual with
- A minimum of three to five years’ recent experience in fundraising and customer service, in a fast-paced complex office setting, ideally with a non-profit agency or small business.
- Experience managing employees and/or volunteers
- Specific planned giving and annual campaign experience is an asset
- Experience in developing and/or implementing fundraising plans
- Skilled with analysis and interpretation of data and numbers
- Experience developing long term relationships
- A positive attitude, results driven and an effective engaging communicator
- Extremely organized, with the ability to multi-task and work independently or with direction
- High level of integrity and collaborative work style
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a vehicle
- Knowledge and/or experience with United Way movement is an asset
Salary Range: $55,000 – $65,000
Read the complete job description here: Resource Development Officer – Individual Giving
All applications are due by 4:30 PM on February 11th, 2019 (or until filled).
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Learn more about how you can be a part of a professional, hard-working team that contributes to our community.
The United Way works with thousands of community volunteers. The role of the staff team, individually and collectively, is to support and manage volunteers, building long term relationships with partners, volunteers, donors and workplaces. Working in a small, flexible team, employees pitch in as required, based on the needs of the organization and with an agility that is inherent in the work we do.
We value exceptional customer service, teamwork, drive and initiative. Our staff are solution-focused, accountable and take responsibility, recognizing that change is a constant in this environment.
The United Way Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox and Addington is an equal opportunity employer, and we encourage qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds to apply to join our team.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being interviewed will be contacted
You may also wish to look at exciting volunteer opportunities in the Volunteer Centre.