The Next Gen Masquerade is fast approaching. This year’s event takes place on Saturday, March 2 and marks the seventh annual Masquerade at the Renaissance Event Venue in Kingston – an event organized and run by volunteers from the United Way Next Gen initiative.
In case you are still on the fence about purchasing tickets and attending, here are five reasons to check out this annual event.
1. Enjoy a fun night out – Dust off those February blahs and enjoy a night on the town. “With the snowy weather we have been experiencing the Masquerade gives you the chance to switch-up the mood and just have a good time,” said Gillian Moren, Next Gen Masquerade Committee Chair. “It’s a great night of live music, dancing, hors d’oeuvres and cocktails – you can’t go wrong.”
2. Networking– Masquerade gives young professionals an opportunity to meet like-minded people in the community and engage in a different way. “It’s really fun to make new friends but that can be hard to do sometimes,” said Moren. “This is a fun, stress free environment, where you can meet new people and make new connections.”
3. Socializing – If you have been in hibernation mode and need a reason to go out on a Saturday night and catch up with friends, Masquerade is a pretty good reason. “You can use this event as a date night or a group outing for your friends, teammates, or colleagues,” said Lauren Hartwick, Next Gen Masquerade Committee member. “Everything is already planned and ready to go, you just need to come!.”
4. Get dressed up and be creative – Design your own mask or purchase one at the door and ditch those winter clothes for something a bit more stylish. “It’s a great night to re-wear a favourite dress such as a bridesmaid dress or outfit from another event, or to pick out something new.” suggested Moren. “Every year I love seeing everyone dressed up with their creative masks out on the dance floor laughing and having a great time.”
5. Give back to your community – “Funds raised through this event go directly to people and organizations in need in our community so you can feel good about purchasing a ticket,” said Moren, “Next Gen really aims to engage a new generation by encouraging participation in events like this and I think that makes it even more meaningful.” Last year, over 230 Next Genners attended the event. In the past six years the event has raised nearly $40,000.
The event is sponsored by KPMG and takes place Saturday, March 2 from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. at the Renaissance Event Venue, 285 Queen Street. Tickets are $35, or $30 when you buy six or more (group rate). Ticket entry includes appetizers and a chance to win door prizes. For information and tickets visit https://www.unitedwaykfla.ca/events/next-gen-masquerade/