Saturday, September 23, 2023 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The event is an open house that will use the stunning YGK Airport and runway to host an amazing array of vehicles, people and other surprises. Volunteers will be on hand to guide visitors.
Guests will be able to:
- Explore the inside and outside of YGK Airport;
- Interact with City of Kingston vehicles, including aircraft, airport snow plowing machines, fire trucks and more;
- Check out a selection of vehicles from CFB Kingston, including those used by members of the Air Force and Army;
- Purchase a snack from one of our food vendors, with a portion of the proceeds going to United Way;
- Learn more about the people and the work of United Way KFL&A.
“We were so excited to bring these amazing vehicles and staff into one place where residents of all ages can explore,” says Aron Winterstein, Airport Manager. “This year we are excited to partner with CFB Kingston to be able to have a bigger and better selection of tractors, trucks and some other surprises to support the City of Kingston United Way workplace campaign.”
“It is great to see this exciting event return this year. This is a such a wonderful event for the community and a great opportunity to support your United Way,” said Colonel Sonny Hatton, 2023 United Way KFL&A Campaign Chair. “Each year, thousands of individuals in the community receive support through United Way funded programs. Come join us for this fun airport experience, see some large equipment and trucks, and show your local love by supporting the United Way. And special thanks to the City of Kingston for their continued support.”
Parking will be free on site for the duration of the event and admission is by donation with 100% of all proceeds going to United Way KFL&A. YGK Airport is located at 1114 Len Birchall Way in Kingston.
Learn more about this event here
Share. Participate. Engage. – https://GetInvolved.CityofKingston.ca/