United Way KFL&A is excited to announce the fourth annual Tampon Tuesday Collection Drive in the region.
Starting March 1 and running until March 31, 2023, community members are encouraged to donate pads, tampons, liners and other menstrual hygiene products. The donation drive aims to fill a gap in the Kingston Frontenac, Lennox & Addington area. Menstrual hygiene products are among the most requested items at local food banks and shelters, but the least donated. This initiative will once again work locally with national Tampon Tuesday partners Bell Media, organized Labour and Shoppers Drug Mart.
Last year the KFL&A community showed their local love and support by donating over 134,000 products. These products are distributed to program users through local agencies and make an impact each day.
Donations will be collected at the following locations:
Until March 7th:
- Cataraqui Town Centre (in partnership with MOVE 98.3): drop off at Centre Court during operating hours
From March 1 through 31 individuals can drop off at:
- United Way KFL&A office, 417 Bagot Street: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Look for donation boxes at
- all Shoppers Drug Mart locations in Napanee, Amherstview and Kingston
- all Starbucks locations in Kingston
- Cher-Mere locations in Kingston
Products can also be donated by
- an Amazon wishlist
- monetary donations can be made
For information and resources, including collection site posters, social media posts
- People can also call the United Way KFL&A office at 613-542-2674 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- visit https://www.unitedwaykfla.ca/tampontuesday
United Way KFL&A encourages inclusiveness for Tampon Tuesday, and are using the term “menstrual hygiene products” (versus “feminine hygiene products”)
Only menstrual hygiene products are being collected. We are not collecting adult diapers or other products at this time.