This funding has been made available by the Government of Canada and funding streams are being administered by United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross in communities from coast to coast to coast. United Way KFL&A is proud to support this important investment by the Federal Government.
Who can Apply?
United Way KFL&A will fund registered charities that provide direct services to vulnerable populations who are impacted by COVID-19.
Your organization is eligible to receive funding (up to $40,000), if your organization has a charitable number and is providing supports and services to meet immediate community needs related to the COVID-19.
This funding is intended to support frontline community service organizations providing services to support vulnerable Canadians, including low-income seniors, women, children and youth, persons with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ2S+ community, refugees, Indigenous peoples, members of racialized communities, and more.
Funds may be used for immediate needs and priorities related to the impact of COVID-19. This includes, but is not limited to, services such as:
• Preparing and delivering meals and/or food hampers
• Supporting individuals in accessing income supports and financial coaching
• Providing home care or personal support for seniors, elders, and persons with disabilities
• Mental health & wellness supports, including crisis counselling and peer support
• Personal safety supports, including for those living in or escaping situations of violence
• Access to safe transport for essential appointment and errands
What Types of Activities could be Funded?
• Community outreach and engagement
• Developing and/or delivering new programs, services or delivery models as a result of COVID-19
• Sharing information and knowledge
• Engaging and recruiting volunteers
How to Apply
Applications will be accepted until June 9, 2020. We anticipate a high volume of requests and are working to ensure that all requests are reviewed as quickly as possible.
For questions not addressed in these resources, please contact:
613 542 2674 ext 1501
613 929 4828
For more information on how to apply to the Community Foundation for Kingston & Area grants, please visit https://cfka.org/