Writing Workshop Facilitators
- Love literature? Want to give back to your community?
- Are you looking to earn your volunteer hours?
The team at Ripple Foundation is looking for an assistant facilitator to deliver our Write It Workshop Series at Kingston Frontenac Public Library for children aged 8-14 years. The workshops encourage literacy and foster creativity in the youth who participate. It is a rewarding experience for all involved — a great professional development for those who would like to pursue a teaching career.
What does Ripple Foundation do?
Ripple Foundation is a charitable organization that fosters creativity in youth across Canada. Ripple Foundation creates community programs for youth that improve reading and writing skills while promoting the power of creativity. One of the programs is the Write It Workshop Series. It is a creative writing program focused on improving writing skills and increasing confidence in writing. You can read more about this program here.
Are you interested in joining the proud Ripple family?
Writing Workshop Facilitators would be engaged in the following:
Your responsibility is to:
- Assist facilitator in delivering the workshop.
- Work with participants on the activities that are set out on the lesson plans.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Programs.
Here's what we're looking for:
- You possess excellent English communication skills
- You have experience in working with kids
- You have a passion for creative writing
- You are interested in teaching
- You are reliable and responsible
Estimated Volunteer Hours: Please visit Upcoming Writing Workshop Schedule for dates and hours
How to Apply / Contact
If you are interested in joining Ripple Foundation in this unique way, please send a résumé or CV to email@example.com