Writing Workshop Facilitators
- Are you interested in empowering aspiring authors to have their voice heard?
- Are you passionate about promoting literacy among children and youth?
- Do you want to impact the present and future of Canadian literature positively?
The team at Ripple Foundation is looking for facilitators to deliver our Write It Workshop Series at public libraries at Kingston Frontenac Public Library for children aged 8-14 years.
What does Ripple Foundation do?
Ripple Foundation is a charitable organization that fosters creativity in youth across Canada. Ripple Foundation creates community programs for youth that improve reading and writing skills while promoting the power of creativity. One of the programs is the Write It Workshop Series. It is a creative writing program focused on improving writing skills and increasing confidence in writing. Learn more at https://www.ripplefoundation.ca
Are you interested in joining the proud Ripple family?
Writing Workshop Facilitators would be engaged in the following:
- Deliver the Write It Workshop Series to children aged 8-14 years
- Work with other volunteers during the delivery of the workshop.
- Collect feedback and comments from participants to be used for social media sharing.
- Provide feedback to the Director of Programs.
- A Vulnerable Sector Check is require from the local police.
- Excellent communication skills that are effective with children.
- Engaging and positive interactions with children that maintain their attention.
- Patience working with students of diverse backgrounds and levels of understanding.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with organization co-ordinators and other peers.
- Teaching experience is an asset.
Estimated Volunteer Hours: Please visit Upcoming Writing Workshop Schedule for dates and hours.
How to Apply / Contact
If you are interested in joining Ripple Foundation in this unique way, please send a résumé or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org