Make a Difference in a child's life, Become a Homework or Activity Angel!
Do you want to support families living with cancer? Are you willing to commit 2 hours of virtual support per week to a child in need? Join Nanny Angel Network as we lessen the impact of cancer on families through our virtual support programs.
The Nanny Angel Network (NAN) offers rewarding volunteer positions for those who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families.
Homework and Activity Angels provide virtual childcare support for mothers who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period.
Homework and Activity Angels lessen the impact of cancer on families, by engaging children in homework-aid and/or age-appropriate activities to help reduce any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to their mom’s illness or death.
By meeting weekly, building trust, and having fun, our Angels help mothers gain the confidence and peace of mind to rest or attend appointments, knowing their children are cared for and supported by knowledgeable and compassionate volunteers.
Our Angels receive specialized training and the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.
How you can help?
• Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
• Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery.
• Two (2) hours of childcare service per week to the same family.
• Must be able willing to undergo a Police Check
• Must be able to engage children and adapt engagement approach based on age and ability.
• Experience supporting children requiring special learning accommodations (an asset).
• Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
How to apply
1. Please apply by visiting https://nannyangelnetwork.com/apply/
2. Select: "BE A HOMEWORK ANGEL-Kingston" OR
b. "BE AN ACTIVITY ANGEL-Kingston"
3. Create a MY IMPACT ACCOUNT and complete the application
There’s a family in your community waiting for their very own Angel!