Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health works together with our communities to promote and protect the public`s health. Our commitment is to provide public health programs and services of the highest quality.
Super Sam engages children and members of the public with the provision of healthy food and beverage messaging.
- Engage children and members of the public with motions, actions, and being friendly and approachable.
- Be expressive and use exaggerated movements.
- Does not talk.
- Pose for photographs with community members.
- Remain in character at all times in public view.
- Have fun and encourage others to have fun through actions.
- Follow procedures to ensure the mascot is properly stored after use.
- Complete a short feedback form after each event.
- Inform staff of any circumstances or issues that may arise where assistance or follow-up may be required
- Work with public in a positive & friendly manner.
- Ability to maintain confidences.
- Willing to learn, listen, clarify and follow through on instructions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a professional and caring manner at all times.
- Have a strong sense of the value of volunteer work.
- Have enthusiasm and desire to have fun.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
- Be able to wear a full body costume & head piece for 20+ minutes at a time.
- Be a height between 5'4" and 5'10' tall (163cm - 178cm).
Please contact Volunteer Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.