Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington Public Health works together with our communities to promote and protect the public`s health. Our commitment is to provide public health programs and services of the highest quality.
The Super Sam mascot handler ensures the safety of the Mascot during events that support the provision of healthy food and beverage messages.
- Ensure the mascot is fully and correctly costumed.
- Introduce the mascot if needed and communicate with the audience. This role will vary by event.
- Help to keep the mascot safe by directing and keeping a space clear for movement.
- Help the public interact with the mascot in a safe way.
- Follow procedures to ensure the mascot is properly stored after use.
- Complete a short feedback form after each event.
- Inform staff of any circumstances or issues that may arise where assistance or follow-up may be required
- Work with public in a positive & friendly manner.
- Ability to maintain confidences.
- Willing to learn, listen, clarify and follow through on instructions.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision in a professional and caring manner at all times.
- Have a strong sense of the value of volunteer work.
- Have enthusiasm and desire to have fun.
- Demonstrated ability to meet the physical demands of the position.
For more information contact Volunteer Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org