The Melanoma Network of Canada is currently seeking event day volunteers for this year's Strides for Melanoma taking place on September 22nd. This year's event will be taking place at Rotary Park and will involve a welcoming ceremony, a 5 km walk in support of Melanoma research and a prize ceremony.
Volunteers will assist in the organization and facilitation of this year's event and play a central role in positive community engagement.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Greeting walkers and other members of the community on the day of the event.
- Assisting in the setup and take down of various equipment, such as banners, speakers and booths.
- Participation in the social media marketing of this year's event (inviting friends to the event page, liking/sharing active posts, etc.).
- Assisting in the handling of finances, including monetary reconciliation and use of a cash box.
- Active participation in this years Strides for Melanoma.
If you are interested in getting involved in this year's Strides for Melanoma, please email email@example.com with a brief outline of your relevant skills/experience and a few lines explaining why you would like to get involved in this years event. We thank all applicants and look forward to hearing from you soon!