March is Kidney Health month and we would like you to be an active volunteer! The Kidney Foundation of Canada – Kingston Chapter is looking for passionate people to help drive the mission and vision of the foundation forward in our Kingston community. Check out the following ways you can use or develop your skills and talents:
6 Degrees of Kidney Disease Campaign
This is an Ontario-wide Kidney Foundation initiative that includes a two-week social media campaign, launching at the start of March, leading up to a 24-hour online fundraiser taking place on March 12, 2020. The campaign will highlight how everyone is connected, by some degree, to a person living with kidney disease. By featuring your connection to kidney disease or showing your support for those living with kidney disease, you will inspire fellow Ontarian’s to reflect on their degree of connection.
How you can help:
- Are you social media savvy? Can you help make some noise about this often silent disease?
- Share your own connection to kidney disease or show you support on social media with a photo or short video.
- Help others with their photos/videos and stories
- Connect us with local media outlets to help promote the campaign
Kingston Frontenac’s Chuck-A-Pep Fundraiser
The Kidney Foundation and the Kingston Frontenacs are teaming up for a fun afternoon of hockey and fundraising. On Sunday March 22nd we will be selling rubber hockey puck sized pepperonis (‘Peps’) to toss toward centre ice at the second intermission to win a prize.
How you can help:
- Help sell tickets to the Kingston Frontenac's Game prior to game day
- Solicit and secure a great prize for our ‘Chuck-A-Pep' Winner
- Sell ‘Peps’ in the concourse of the Leon’s Centre before the game
- Be on the ice! Lace up your skates and help clean up the ‘Peps’