VOLUNTEER POSITION: Communications Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: 2 - 10 hours weekly
Tiny homes are gaining popularity across the globe as a means to cope with increasing demands for affordable housing. Several North American towns and cities have specified legislation in their zoning by-law, now allowing tiny homes. Our not-for-profit association (Tiny Town Association) is working towards facilitating this tiny home movement by collecting supporting various initiatives and projects.
Tiny Town Association start-up is looking for a self-motivated Communications Manager with experience handling both internal and external business communication. The ideal candidate will be eager to tackle the challenges of developing content that helps build brand recognition. Generating buzz about existing and new projects and initiatives that will help our ideas expand quickly. Candidates will be skilled at creating content that both engages and keeps the public informed about various initiatives and goings-on. The ability to communicate effectively in written and oral communications is a must. Our Communications Manager will be our ‘living tiny’ spokesperson.
We are looking for someone who is eager about the following skills:
- Develop communications strategies and reconcile related marketing budgets;
- Write copy for all initiatives, including digital-marketing, sales and internal communications;
- Proficient using computer applications, social media platforms including (Facebook, Instagram, Newsletter Email Apps, and LinkedIn);
- Create marketing strategies that build loyal members, and strengthen brand recognition;
- Create and manage release dates for recurring publications;
- Manage projects to ensure content is publication-ready and in by the deadline;
- Create and send out press releases for new projects and initiatives;
- Work collaboratively with a team of passionate affordable housing advocates to ensure project timelines are being met;
- Share a passion for economic empowerment and supporting communities across Canada to bring affordable housing strategies to life through tiny living;
- Strong presentation and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to use social media channels effectively to deliver marketing content.
Applicants seeking a long-term volunteer relationship will get first consideration.
At the Tiny Town Association, we embrace difference and celebrate it, support it and we believe that the more diverse our team is the more innovative our solutions can become. We are an equal opportunity not-for-profit. Should you require any assistance or accommodations to apply for this position please contact us directly for alternative formats.
Applications are being accepted via email. Please put in the subject heading “Communications Manager - Volunteer Position”, address to email@example.com.
Yours in tiny + affordable housing.