Mudmoiselle Event Chair
The Canadian Cancer Society is a national organization of community-based volunteers whose mission is the eradication of cancer and the enhancement of the quality of life of people living with cancer.
As Event Chair, you will providing critical leadership in helping the Canadian Cancer Society raise funds for cancer research and support for people living with cancer, family members and friends.
Your strong leadership skills and organizational guidance will lead the committee to reaching not only the financial goal but also to strengthen the fight against cancer.
What is Involved?
Working with your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner, you will provide leadership, support and guidance in planning and executing this event. Your role involves working collaboratively with your staff partner to help shape the strategic direction of the Mudmoiselle event which includes identifying opportunities for event growth and success.
- Encourage strong two-way communication amongst all members of the team to ensure everyone is working together
- Be responsive to inquiries from your staff partner and the committee leads and providing regular updates and disseminating information
- Lead regular team meetings and provide oversight of critical milestones and project management
- Identify and assist with any gaps or areas for growth with your staff partner and the committee leads
- Work with your staff partner to facilitate the post-event wrap up and event evaluation process
- As event ambassador, promote online participant and team registrations, participant fundraising, and community sponsorships, as well as volunteer participation for the event success
Time Commitment: May 2019 to October 2019
Monthly meetings during the planning stages of the event with increasing involvement over the summer months. Involvement with set up and tear down in the days preceding and after the event with an expectation of full commitment on event day. On event day, your leadership will ensure the event runs smoothly and rolls out as you and your team have planned. Specific event dates vary with community location.
What you bring to this Leadership position:
You are excited and motivated to providing leadership to a core group of people who are planning an event to support cancer research and services for those living with cancer. You have strong communication skills and are comfortable leading a team. Your dynamic, friendly personality will encourage others as they engage with Mudmoiselle.