Make a Difference in a child's life, Become a Nanny Angel!
Imagine a world where every family with cancer receives the care needed for their children – so they have enough time to care for themselves. Now, also imagine a world where every child receives the support they need to cope with their parent’s illness or death.
The Nanny Angel Network (NAN) offers rewarding volunteer positions for skilled childcare providers who are looking to make a difference in the lives of families by providing free, specialized in-home relief childcare support for families who have been diagnosed with cancer, for those requiring palliative care and for families requiring additional relief during the bereavement period.
Nanny Angels lessen the impact of cancer on families, by engaging children in enjoyable, age-appropriate activities to help reduce any stress or anxiety they may be experiencing due to their mom’s illness or death.
Nanny Angels receive specialized training including children’s grief and bereavement and receive the support of NAN’s Child Life Specialist throughout their volunteering time.
How you can help?
- Provide fun, educational, creative, and safe experiences for the children.
- Minimum six-month commitment to ensure support during the duration of a mom’s cancer treatment and recovery.
- Four (4) hours of childcare service per week to the same family
How to apply
- Please apply by visiting https://nannyangelnetwork.com/apply/
- Select: _ “BE A NANNY ANGEL- Kingston”_https://app.betterimpact.com/PublicOrganization/ebd07be1-4212-43ff-8e1c-6f2bf2b3ee04/1
- Create a MY IMPACT ACCOUNT to complete the application