The Arthritis Society is recruiting for dedicated, caring and enthusiastic transporters to volunteer at Camp Cambria, a camp for children living with arthritis.
Camp Cambria is hosted at Camp Kodiak, located North of Parry Sound in McKellar, ON
Volunteer Camp Transporters need to be available from August 18, 2019 to August 24, 2019 inclusive (pre-training required).
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Supporting the Camp Director and Program Staff by transporting staff and/or campers by means of golf cart, as required, to daily activities.
- Transport campers and/or staff to medical facilities when additional care is required.
- Responsible for monitoring and distributing hot and cold packs throughout the day, as necessary.
- Act as a positive role model to staff and campers.
- Under the guidance of the Camp Director and Program Staff, Transporters may be asked to perform various supportive duties, including delivering refreshments to campers and assisting with luggage drop off.
- Ensure a high standard of health and safety of campers in all activities at camp, including the proper use of golf carts at all times
DESIRED SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Comprehensive understanding of the implications of living with arthritis, gained by living with arthritis and/or working/volunteering with people living with arthritis and / or chronic pain.
- Valid CPR/First aid training certification.
- Volunteers must be at least 19 years old.
- All drivers must hold at minimum a G1 driver’s license and have experience driving.
- Satisfactory completion of Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Verification.
- Previous experience working with children in a camp and/or education setting.
- Excellent leadership skills, teamwork and communication skills.
- An Arthritis Society Staff member will be your main point of contact
- Other volunteers and Arthritis Society staff, including the national volunteer engagement team
Transporters need to be comfortable working in camp setting, inclusive of cabin lodgment and available 24 hours a day with scheduled breaks.
- All accommodations, meals and transportation to and from camp are incurred by the Society.
- Develop transferable skills related to leadership and program coordination
- Develop time-management and communications skills
- Give back to the community and impact those living with arthritis
- Use and develop specialized skills and talents while contributing to the Society’s mission
- Build connections and be part of a community
- A letter of reference can be provided at the completion of the volunteer term
To live in a world where people are free from the devastating effects that arthritis has on lives.
To invest in cutting-edge research, proactive advocacy and innovative solutions that will deliver better health outcomes for people affected by arthritis.
Staff and volunteers of the Arthritis Society embody the following characteristics:
- Passionate commitment
- Spirited teamwork
- Bold innovation
- Courageous leadership
For more information, please contact Christine Bilsky, Education Specialist, at email@example.com or 416-979-7228 Ext. 3535. To apply, please visit: https://campcambria.campbrainstaff.com/.
Please also visit www.arthritis.ca/campcambria for more details.
We thank all applicants for their interest in volunteering with the Arthritis Society, however, please be advised that not all candidates can be selected to join our volunteering program.