Please note that this post is made on behalf of the Addictions & Mental Health Services. We will be forwarding any volunteer applications to them (and/or the City of Kingston/County of Frontenac) for the next steps in the onboarding process.
Volunteers, along with workers from community agencies, will be responsible for providing coordination and support at the Brock Street property.
All volunteers will be required to sign a confidentiality form to protect the health privacy of all individuals on the property and provide a vulnerable sector check CPIC (completed within the last 6 months). Up to date vaccinations will also be required prior to volunteering.
All Support Volunteer will be provided PPE training and are required to wear a mask, googles at all times. When responding to an emergency or when physical distancing is not possible, all volunteers are required to wear full PPE including gowns, gloves, mask, goggles/face shield. PPE will be provided.
- Meal Delivery & wellness check-ins
- Support Workers/volunteers are encouraged to meet the needs of those isolating to the best of their ability. This could include:
- getting basic needs items as requested
- contacting medical health professionals as needed
- mitigating conflict as necessary
- Reporting to the Shift Lead and/or AMHS Management immediately if any of the individuals isolating have new or worsening health issues
- All Support Volunteers are required to work in collaboration with each Shift Lead on-site at Brock and Managers to problem-solve situations that arise
Previous relevant experience is strongly recommended and is preferred.
The current need is for the following shift coverage: weekend days, 4pm-8pm Mon-Fri and overnights from 8pm-8am.
If you would be interested in becoming a Support Volunteer, please apply through this posting, or email: email@example.com