- Meet the Cabinet
The Next Gen Cabinet organizes fundraising events, promotes volunteer activities and encourages residents to contribute and learn more about the United Way.
- Next Gen Ambassadors
The Next Gen Cabinet has a network of contacts,‘Next Gen Ambassadors’, in workplaces. These Ambassadors spread the message and ensure the next generation of leaders are engaged in their community.
- Next Gen Events
Next Gen plans several popular events each year including Masquerade, Sociable and Score 4 United Way.
Message from the Chairs
It’s hard to believe August is halfway done – we hope everyone is enjoying the summer and has had opportunity to relax with family and friends. We would like to invite you to continue your involvement through the upcoming 2014/15 year. A couple things you may be interested in:
Next Gen Survey
Thank you to all who completed our online survey earlier this summer. We had numerous respondents, with an approximate 65-35% split between women and men. Results tell us that many of our members first hear about Next Gen through word-of-mouth and attending one of our events, and our Workplace Ambassador program is also an entry point. We are excited to see that more than half of respondents were new to the United Way, and we have some interesting results around what impact areas our members see as most important to the Next Gen demographic. We would like to dig into the survey results with you in person to better understand what that engagement means to you! We’ll be reviewing the results with members of the Next Gen Cabinet on August 27th, at 5 p.m. at The Merchant. Please feel free to come down on the 27th to share your ideas about next steps, give us more details on your areas of interest and how we can continue to grow involvement with Next Gen and the United Way. [Download the full survey results]
Upcoming Next Gen Events
- Seeing Is Believing Tour - Sept 3 and Sept 23 9:30 am-2 pm. The “Seeing is Believing” bus tour provides volunteers with an opportunity to see first hand where their donations go as they visit local agencies and programs, and meet the front line workers and recipients of services. You are welcome to attend with either your workplace or as a Next Genner. If you haven’t attended a seeing is believing tour in the past, this is a powerful day and the experience can be particularly helpful for those running a workplace campaign. To book your seat, call the United Way office at 613-542-2674 or email email@example.com
- 4th annual Score 4 the United Way will be happening at the KRock Centre once again this fall. Date TBD. At Score 4 The United Way, the Frontenacs Hockey club donate a portion of the games ticket revenue to the annual campaign. Check out our social media to learn the date, and then encourage friends, family and co-workers to attend.
- New this year: Workplace Ambassador pool tournament. Date TBD- Fall 2014 during the annual campaign. This is a new event created specifically for companies who have identified Next Gen workplace ambassadors. We’ve heard you tell us you want more opportunities to connect with similar like minded individuals and to trade tips on engaging the 20-30 something demographic during the campaign period. Our pool tournament is a chance to do both! More information on registration will be sent directly to the workplace ambassadors within the next few weeks.
Thanks for your continued support of Next Gen and the KFLA United Way. Don’t forget to follow “United Way KFLA Next Gen” on Facebook or “@nextgenkfla” on Twitter for event updates, etc. Have suggestions on content you think should be posted? Drop us a line! In the meantime, we look forward to seeing you on Aug 27th!
Erin Nolan and Jenn Goodwin
Next Gen Co-Chairs
Next Gen welcomes young professionals ages 25 to 40 in our community. If you are a Next Genner, there are many ways for you to get involved, from joining us at events to becoming a Next Gen Ambassador.
Join The Next Gen Movement
Next Gen is a group of volunteers in their twenties and thirties that want to bring meaningful change to our community through involvement in the United Way. If you’re a twenty or thirty-something and you want to learn more, sign up below to show your support and stay in the loop on United Way initiatives as well as fun Next Gen events.
To find out how you can join, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, email address, workplace (if applicable), age.
Who can be part of Next Gen?
Enthusiastic and energetic individuals who:
- Want to be the first to hear about the best events in the city.
- Want to be in the know about what’s going on in our community.
- Want to meet and be inspired by young philanthropists in our city.
- Want to get involved in our community, and are wondering where to start.
Next Gen empowers young leaders to support and increase the impact of the United Way in the local community. The Next Gen movement is a unique opportunity for the next generation to bring about change.
For more information, or if you are interested in joining the Next Gen movement, please contact: 613-542-2674 or email@example.com